Wenner-Gren Foundation offers 100 Hunt postdoctoral fellowships for international scholars in the 2016-2017 academic session. Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowships support the writing-up of already completed research.
By providing funds for scholars to devote themselves full-time to writing, the Foundation aims to enable a new generation of scholars to publish significant works that will impact the development of anthropology.
The Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, Inc. is a private operating foundation dedicated to the advancement of anthropology throughout the world. Located in New York City.
Deadline: 1 May 2016
Open to: applicants of any nationality must have a PhD or equivalent at the time of application. IELTS score of 6.5 on the academic test
Scholarship Award: Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowships are nonrenewable and provide US $40,000 of financial support for twelve months of continuous full-time writing. Applicants requesting shorter time periods will receive a pro-rated award as appropriate (e.g., a six-month project would be awarded $20,000)
- Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent at the time of application;
- Applicants must have received a PhD or equivalent within ten years of the application deadline;
- Qualified scholars are eligible without regard to nationality, institutional, or departmental affiliation although preference is given to applicants who are untenured or do not yet have a permanent academic position;
- The Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship is to support a continuous period of full-time academic writing. The research that forms the basis of the writing project is expected to be completed at the time of application;
- The fellowship may be used to support the preparation of a book or monograph manuscript, journal articles, book chapters, or a combination of these forms of publication;
- The Foundation cannot accept an application from a prior grantee unless all requirements of a previous grant have been completed. Please contact the Foundation for more information if this situation applies;
- Prior recipients of Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowships are not eligible to apply for a second fellowship for a different writing project;
- Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowship applications that were unsuccessful in a prior funding cycle may be resubmitted only twice;
- If a fellowship is awarded, the applicant must agree to comply with the
Hunt Postdoctoral Fellowships are nonrenewable and provide USD 40,000 of financial support for twelve months of continuous full-time writing. Applicants requesting shorter time periods will receive a pro-rated award as appropriate (e.g., a six-month project would be awarded USD 20,000).
How to apply?
Applicants must submit their applications using the Foundation’s submission procedure as well as send printed copies to the Foundation by regular mail latest by 1 May 2016:
470 Park Avenue South,
8th Floor New York,
NY 10016 USA
For more information please visit