Pursuing a bachelor degree can cost a fortune for international students. Please find Top scholarships for undergraduate studies in the USA to ease financial burden.
1. American University offers partial scholarships that vary from 6,000 to U.S.$ 25,000 per academic year. It is renewed if a student shows successful continued academic performance. You don’t need to include separate application for this scholarship. Students must demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, excellent communication skills in English, leadership, volunteerism, and community service. Deadline: usually January. Official website. In addition, a student can apply for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship Program if he/she is engaged actively in positive civic and social change. It is intended for students who will be to returning home to improve under-resourced, under-served communities in his/her home country. It is renewable and covers full tuition, room and board except health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous. Deadline: December
2. Amherst College provides a need-based financial aid program assisting financially needy international students. Once you have been admitted, your financial need is determined. A financial aid award that is equal to your need will be offered. The award is also called an “aid package” because it may include both self-help such as employment and gift aid which includes scholarships and grants.
3. Arkansas University Scholarships
About 10 types of scholarships are available at the University including the Chancellor’s Scholarship and the General University Scholarships. You must apply separately for scholarships by going to the Office of Scholarships website . Deadline: clarify for each scholarship, usually November-February
4. Berea College Scholarships Berea College welcomes students of all nationalities and provides 100% funding (costs of tuition, room, board, and fees) to international students for the first year of enrollment. In subsequent years, international students need to pay $1,000 (US) per academic year. International students can also have summer jobs to help themselves financially. The application will be available in June 2016
5. Clark University Scholarships
Clark University runs the Global Scholars Program, which is open to international high school students. A scholarship of no less than $10,000 (renewable, based on academic performance) and a guaranteed $2,500 taxable stipend for a paid internship or research assistantship taken for academic credit during the summer following the sophomore or junior year is included with the award. Applicants with financial need greater than the amount of the Global Scholars award may be eligible for additional need-based financial aid. To be considered, international applicants must submit the College Board PROFILE form by January 15.
6. Dartmouth College has scholarships and loans available to international students, which includes an allowance for travel to the U.S. We understand that your circumstances may be unique and our office will help in any way we can. Dartmouth practices need aware admissions for international candidacies. International applicants must apply for and demonstrate financial need at the time of application.
7. Duke University. Karsh International Scholarships cover tuition, room and board, mandatory fees, and demonstrated need that exceeds those costs. In addition, the scholarship covers up to $7000 of funding for research/service opportunities during the three summers prior to graduation. Karsh Scholars may also apply for support for necessities, such as computers. International undergraduate applicants to Duke who have demonstrated need will be considered for the Karsh Scholarship.
8. Emory University is committed to enrolling a talented first year class with representation from all corners of the globe. In accordance with this philosophy, Emory College offers need-based financial aid awards to a select group of international students each year. As well, international applicants are encouraged to apply for merit-based scholarships through the Emory University Scholars Program
9. Illinois Wesleyan University. Merit-based scholarships are offered to qualified international applicants with outstanding academic achievement and test scores on the required entrance exams. These awards range from $10,000 to $25,000 per year and are renewable for up to four years. In some instances, additional help is provided through student loans and campus employment. In addition, two full-tuition President’s International Student Scholarships are offered. These scholarships are awarded each year to two highly qualified international students in assessing their talents, interests and academic achievements. The President’s scholarship is renewable for up to four years of study at Illinois Wesleyan University.
10. Iowa State University International Merit Scholarships
The International Merit Scholarship is awarded to well-rounded students who have demonstrated strong academic achievement, and outstanding talent or achievements in one or more of the following areas: math and sciences, the arts, extracurricular activities, community service, leadership, innovation, or entrepreneurship. The awards range from $4,000 to $8,000 and are renewable.
11. The University of Oregon. International students are considered for General University Scholarships that vary between $2,000 and $3,300, with the opportunity to reapply each year. Another type is International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) Tuition Scholarships, which apply to tuition only and range from $7,000–$27,000 per year. You can also check International Dean’s Excellence Award (IDEA) for New International Students and Summit and Apex Scholarships. Deadline: January or February 15
12. Michigan State University International Scholarships
Michigan University provides a limited number of scholarship and grants to deserving international students at the undergraduate level. Please keep in mind that the financial packages are not designed to support your full academic program at MSU.
13. The University of Minnesota offers scholarships for international students. The Gold Global Excellence Scholarship and the Undergraduate Research Scholarship are for freshmen only and the Maroon Global Excellence Scholarship for freshmen and transfer students starting in the fall semester. All admitted students are automatically reviewed for this scholarship so no separate scholarship application is required. Students are considered for these awards based on an overall assessment of the admission application. A small number of additional need-based scholarships for international students are available through International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS).