The OSCE Academy in Bishkek invites students with the citizenship of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan and Mongolia to apply for MA in Politics and Security and MA in Economic Governance and Development. All courses are taught in English
The OSCE Academy, created by the Memorandum of Understanding between the OSCE and the Government of Kyrgyzstan, is supported by Norway, Finland, Germany, the USA, Denmark, Canada and other OSCE participating states. Its MA Programmes are designed for young people who wish to broaden their education in the areas of politics, security, international relations, conflict prevention, international development, economics and governance.
The deadline to both: 20 April 2016
– Applicants must meet the following admission criteria:
– Successful completion of an academic degree of higher education (BA, MA, MSc, Diploma) in a related academic field;
– Advanced level of English;
– Age 35 or younger;
– Citizenship of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan and Mongolia. A limited number of students from other OSCE member countries can be accepted for the programme.
– Full tuition fee waiver;
– Stipend of 180 euros per month;
– Housing allowance of 120 euros per month (Bishkek residents are not eligible);
– Round trip travel to Bishkek;
– Medical insurance (except for the citizens of Kyrgyzstan);
– Child allowance of 15 euros per child per month;
– Funded internship opportunities in Europe for top students.
- Your diploma/transcripts must be translated into English or Russian and the translation should be certified (signed and stamped) by your university (department)
- If you are in your last year of study and expect to receive your diploma (degree certificate) before the start of our academic year (1 September 2016). In this case, instead of diploma you must submit an official letter/certificate from your university indicating expected date and year of your graduation and your current transcript.
- You still can apply with irreleveant background for MA programs if you have work experience, relevant to the given MA programmes, and if you believe you can successfully complete a challenging academic programme.
- The OSCE Academy in Bishkek doesn’t require IELTS or TOEFL. The OSCE Academy will conduct its own written exams after applicants pass the first round.
- We do not require recommendation letters, so please, do not attach reference letters to your application package. In the application form you must indicate only names and details of two persons (referees, preferably academic or professional), whom we can contact in case we decide to ask for a reference letter.
- Admission process consists of three stages:1) review of all applications and shortlisting candidates for the second round;2) conducting written tests and examinations for shortlisted candidatesSample of written test for the MA in Economic Governance and Development Programme: English Grammar Test;Test on SpecializationSamples of written tests for the MA in Politics and Security Programme: English Grammar Test; Essay; Test on Specialization
3) conducting interviews with the selected candidates.
- The selection in the first round consists of screening completed application forms and attached academic documents. At this stage, the commission evaluates academic achievements, work experience and the quality of statement of purpose. Since the OSCE Academy has limited number of seats in each MA programme, all applicants are ranked and only top students are invited for the next rounds.
- The OSCE Academy does not charge tuition fees. All accepted students receive full tuition waiver, and additionally, are entitled for a monthly stipend covering living costs in Bishkek
- the OSCE Academy accredited by the Ministry of Education of Kyrgyzstan. Students are given Kyrgyz state diplomas. Additionally, the OSCE Academy issues its own certificate and transcripts.
- The OSCE Academy does not offer part-time or evening degree courses.
- the OSCE Academy does not have dormitories but it provides housing allowance (120 euros per month) for non-Bishkek residents.
Official website of The OSCE Academy in Bishkek